Guns & Firearms Merchant Account
Selling firearms and gun parts is not an easy process. Business owners in this space are finding it increasingly difficult to process card transactions for their items and accessories. If you have plans to sell guns or launch your very own firearms business, you will require a gun friendly credit card processor. That is the only way to ensure that you will be capable of selling firearms securely and generate a profit. Once you find the best payment gateway for your gunbroker account, you can then begin promoting and selling your firearms, ammo, and gun accessories without hassle.
Why Credit Card Processing for Gun Dealers is Difficult
Unfortunately, selling guns, ammo, and accessories is extremely difficult as a merchant. Due to various laws, rules, and regulations, selling firearms or accessories can quickly lead to both legal and financial liability issues. Some reasons why traditional payment processors such as Stripe, Square, Paypal, and Braintree will not work with merchants who intend to sell ammo and firearms include:
- Fraud: Because of the sheer size of the gun and ammo industry, it is predisposed to more fraud. Fraudulent charges and chargebacks lead traditional payment processors to avoid working with gun merchants and ammo merchants altogether.
- Chargebacks: The gun and ammo industry is notorious for its high chargeback and return rate. If an industry has an alarming chargeback rate, low-risk payment processors such as Square, Stripe, and Paypal are less likely to accept new applicants.
- Legal and Financial Liability: Selling firearms should not ever lead to potential financial or legal liability issues. However, this is not always the case. There have been cases in the past that have led to gun sellers, manufacturers, and their acquiring banks being involved in legal backlash because of the outcome of a gun sale. More conservative banks choose to stay away from that possibility by not supporting businesses in this industry. Seeking a high risk payment processor is a must when you are looking for a firearms merchant account that you can trust and rely on. They have banking relationships that excel in supporting this industry type and the infrastructure to let it grow.
Benefits of a Gun Friendly Credit Card Processor
Obtaining your firearms merchant account from a gun-friendly credit card processor is a way to begin selling firearms and accessories online and in-store without issue. When you are using a standard payment processor, you run the risk of encountering the following at any time and oftentimes without notice:
- Frozen Account: If you are using a standard payment processor and they discover the purpose and nature of your website, your merchant account will be frozen without warning.
- Inaccessible Funds: If your account is frozen by your payment processor, you will not have the ability to access it, your funds, or your earned revenue. This account hold can last as long as 6 months.
- Loss of Income: Whenever there is an issue with a payment processor, you run the risk of losing out on new business and potential sales. Your credit card payment gateway will not be usable by customers, leading to less sales and a slower business.
A Gunbroker Merchant Account You Can Trust
Applying for a merchant account that is suitable for selling guns, ammo, and accessories is possible if you are prepared. There will be a longer application and underwriting process than other industry types. But by gathering pertinent information and being open to change, the process will be easier and get you processing credit cards faster.
PaymentCloud is one of the leading providers of gun friendly merchant accounts. We have the expertise and structure to support businesses of this type when other processors have turned away. With our strong banking relationships and top tier compliance, our payment gateways are seamless, secure, and hassle free. Don’t worry about being shut down for your high risk account. Once you call us, you will be assigned a dedicated account manager who will provide one-on-one guidance before, during, and after your approval.
Although credit card processing for gun dealers is not always easy, it is possible with the best payment gateway for gunbroker merchant accounts. Once you have applied for and received approval for your gun merchant account, you can begin selling your items and connecting with customers without the risk of losing your ability to generate and finalize sales.
Let us show you how easy it is to get started.
Contact us at 1-800-988-2215 or by filling out our simple online form