Electronics Merchant Account
Running your own electronics store online with an eCommerce storefront is a great way to generate an income. If you have plans to launch an online electronics store, there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure the promotional and selling processes go as smoothly as possible. A few hurdles will be along your way, but partnering with knowledgeable companies as you grow will be invaluable. With the right online electronics payment processor, launch your electronics store and begin selling your inventory with ease.
Reasons to Apply for an Electronics Store Merchant Account
Reputable merchant services for electronics business are not always easy to come by. Newcomers in the market may have a hard time separating a better processor from a worse one because they both seem similar. But, finding a payment gateway provider that can grow with you may mean the difference between sinking and floating. Understanding why it is so important to apply for an electronics store credit card processor service is necessary to find a payment processor that is right for you. Some reasons to consider applying for an electronics store merchant account include:
- Minimize and Eliminate Risk: Minimize the risk of having your account shutdown altogether because of your industry type with a high risk merchant account. A high risk merchant account provider is aware of industry-specific risks and has ways of reducing and eliminating them.
- Outperform Your Competition: Is your local or online competition offering similar products at a lower price? With your website up and running, updating product prices will keep you competitive in the market. Competing with similar companies on the market is a great way to generate buzz while spreading the word of your business and the products, services, or information it offers.
- Fewer Interruptions: Avoid interruptions when generating and closing sales. Prevent users from experiencing downtime or timing out as they attempt to pay for their purchase. Streamline your online checkout process to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible for each of your individual customers. Allowing your customers to pay with their credit card, rather than just cash opens up more opportunities to capture their purchase. Most people prefer to use credit cards when purchasing online because of the ease of use and increased protections. Don’t limit yourself by only accepting cash, open an applicable gateway with your online electronics payment processor.
- Appear as Professional as Possible: Using the internet is a fantastic way to spread the word of a business or brand, regardless of its industry. When you want your business and brand to appear professional online, consider your very own high risk merchant account. A website that is capable of accepting an array of payment methods not only appears professional, but as an established and authoritative figure, especially in high risk industries.
Risks of Running an Electronics Store
Although electronics and internet-centric devices are extremely popular and show no signs of slowing down in the market, the electronics industry is considered high risk. Entering the electronics market is extremely high risk if you are building a new brand and have yet to establish yourself as a reputable and trustworthy provider. There are so many other businesses that you will be competing with. It takes time and a big outreach strategy to be able to make a dent in the market. Along with that complying with current shipping procedures for items with batteries and sensitive parts is more difficult.
Online Business Merchant Account for an Electronics Store
While merchant services for electronics business are important, it is equally as important to understand what it takes to obtain a merchant account. Applying for and obtaining an online business merchant account for an electronics store is likely to require the following information:
- Personal Details: Your name, telephone number, and address will be required while completing your high risk merchant account. You may also be required to share your personal SSN, or social security number. If you have a DBA, or Doing Business As in place, you may be required to provide your company's EIN, or Employer Identification Number.
- Banking Information: Most often, both personal and business bank account information is requested by payment processors who are reviewing your application. Bank account numbers, routing numbers, and even banking statements may be requested in highly competitive markets and industries. Bank statements up to 3 months may be requested to verify the legitimacy of an individual or the business they are running and managing.
- Credit Score Information: Your current credit score will be requested and reviewed. Additionally, your credit history may also be reviewed by your prospective payment processor. Your credit history is used to determine whether or not you are qualified and responsible for charges you may receive on your account or within the accounts of your business. Without a proper and thorough credit score check, it can be difficult for payment processors to determine who is reliable and who is incapable of paying them back should they receive fraudulent charges or unexpected chargebacks.
Having an online business merchant account can make the difference between failure and success for an electronics shop. With an electronics store merchant account, begin selling and promoting your products immediately without worry. Using your new business payment gateway, maximize your online reach and begin accepting credit cards for your items.
A Trustworthy Credit Card Processor
Commonly, businesses find their way to PaymentCloud after they have been shut down because of their industry type or risk factors. This often happens abruptly, halting business growth and customer retention. Luckily, once you find PaymentCloud, you have a partner that you can trust. Accepting credit cards for your online electronics business means the difference between success and failure. Do it right the first time and protect your merchant account with flexible underwriting and risk mitigation procedures.
By specializing in high risk merchants, we have the support and relationships that you need. We provide every business with a dedicated account manager who gets to know your specific needs. With our seamless gateway integrations, fraud protections, and chargeback mitigation, we are more than capable of getting your electronics business accepting credit cards securely in no time.
Let us show you how easy it is to get started.
Contact us at 1-800-988-2215 or by filling out our simple online form