Your MOTO Merchant Account
When you’re searching for a reliable MOTO (mail-order, telephone-order) merchant account, it can be hard to find the variety of options you need to suit your business. Here at PaymentCloud, we understand the importance of security and convenience for you and your customers. And it shouldn’t be difficult to find. That is why when a merchant accepts MOTO payments, the only item needed is a virtual terminal. Key in your customer’s information no matter if you receive it via phone, fax, mail or email.
Merchants Who Use MOTO Credit Card Processing
Merchants who want a greater reach or would like to offer more flexibility to their customers will greatly benefit from accepting MOTO payments. Most commonly, businesses who set up MOTO merchant accounts are:
- Delivery Services
- Freelance Contractors
- Online Tech Support
- Accounting Firms
- Document Preparation
- SaaS Companies
- Property Management
- Storage Facilities
- Credit Repair Companies
- NonProfit Organizations
- Hotel and Transportation
- Travel Agencies
- Debt Consolidation Firms
- Educational Seminars
- And Many More!
Many of these merchants don’t even need a website to complete a customer order because we offer flexible MOTO merchant accounts that can be accessed from any secure web browser.
How Your Customers Benefit From MOTO Transactions
While technology and online purchases are widespread as one of the most common forms of shopping, some customers still prefer a personal interaction. MOTO payments help you provide your customers with more options.
They can now call you or email you, provide you their credit card information, and get instant confirmation of approval all in one step. It is the easiest way to provide a personalized experience for your customer base which is why tons of seminar and freelance business owners prefer it over the faceless mode of transactions found online.
Cater to your clients and make sure that you’re doing everything you can to create a good experience for them.
We want to be able to facilitate that interaction which is why PaymentCloud has perfected the MOTO process.
The MOTO Transaction & Associated Fraud
MOTO transactions are card-not-present transactions. For this reason it is important for us to prioritize security when processing this transaction type. Unlike other transactions where a qualified customer, their physical credit card, and a purchaser’s signature is present, these payments are accepted without those precautions.
That slight bit of room allows the risk of fraud to take advantage of an at-risk cardholder and your merchant account.
Because of this, PaymentCloud offers in-depth screening and verification procedures for all MOTO transactions from your clients.
- Check if the Card Information is Stolen: First, we ensure that the card being used is not flagged as stolen with the appropriate bank.
- Fully PCI compliant Tools: This certification ensures that every piece of the funnel follows strict security procedures.
- Data Encryption When Transferring Information: Encrypting the information as it is being sent from one bank account to the other ensures that no external force can reroute that payment into their own hands.
- Address Verification System (AVS): This system verifies that the billing address provided by the customer matches the address with the associated bank. When the two don’t match, their payment is declined.
- Card Verification Value (CVV): The 3 or 4-digit code on the back of the card is often asked for in MOTO transactions to make sure that the cardholder has the card in front of them and is another step in confirming that the purchaser is the actual person authorizing the transaction.
- Signature for Faxed, Mailed, and Large Orders: Businesses can make it a requirement to provide a signature for items that are purchased with card information being sent via the mail or faxed in. This is also true in the case of large orders which can be used in conjunction with confirmation calls and emails about the purchase.
Setting Up Your MOTO Merchant Account
If you think a MOTO merchant account is the best option for your business, PaymentCloud is ready to get you setup! We offer unmatched professionalism and helpful service to help you get started. Our merchant accounts offer simple solutions to MOTO payments, including a wide range of features and tools that will help grow your business such as:
- The ability to accept all major credit cards
- The ability to accept check processing
- High ticket and high volume payment processing
- An online reporting dashboard
- Automatic Invoicing features
- Automatic recurring billing options
- A fraud detection suite
- Chargeback prevention tools
- Hundreds of integration possibilities
From high risk businesses to low risk, we work with a wide variety of industry types to provide payment solutions that benefit both you and your customers.