Content Downloads Merchant Account
Offering paid digital downloads is a new way for independent and corporate artists and entrepreneurs to generate an income in today's world. With a merchant account and the capacity to sell digital downloads, you have the ability to reach millions of individuals from around the world with few limitations. Applying for a merchant account for content downloads is one of the quickest ways to begin providing downloadable paid content to users and followers online.
Digital Downloads Payment Processing Risks
Unfortunately, the digital download market is extremely risky for traditional payment processors. Companies such as Paypal, Stripe, and Square have a difficult time providing merchant accounts to those who want to offer digital downloads. Their underwriting and infrastructure is unable to support business that don’t sell physical products. The reason for this is due to the increased risk that is associated with nonphysical items.
Finding a payment gateway for online downloads may not be simple for new businesses, but it is possible. There are alternative high-risk merchant account providers that can support online businesses like this. For those who are serious about generating a consistent income with the digital download files they have to offer, a high risk payment gateway is the only way to go.
How to Find a Reputable Digital Downloads Credit Card Processor
Searching for online downloads merchant services may not always provide you with the best results regarding your business. That is because finding a reputable credit card processor that specializes in digital downloads is hard to come by. But, you will find that it is necessary for anyone entering the industry. Working with a high-risk credit card processor that accepts digital content sales is the only way to quickly launch your eCommerce storefront.
Finding the best high risk digital downloads credit card processor is possible by taking the following steps:
- Consider Your Needs: Do you need to process through an online payment gateway? Are you a subscription service selling digital downloads? Is the specific industry type you find yourself in also considered high risk (adult content, etc.)? What are the demographics of users you want to reach?
- Platforms: Which platforms do you intend to use to reach your prospective customers? What are your competitors using for their content download businesses? Do your specific products require specific platforms?
- Customer Relationships: How do you intend to establish a working and professional relationship with new or prospective customers? Do you intend to provide follow up contact with new customers after they purchase your products? Will your customers expect an integrated payment gateway?
What is Needed for a Merchant Account for Content Downloads?
When you are planning to submit your application for a content download merchant account, it is important to gather and organize the following:
- Personal Information: Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN) will need to be provided.
- Bank Information: You may be required to provide banking information for your personal and business accounts. Bank information may include account and routing numbers in addition to up to 3 months of banking statements. The more financial information you have available to share, the easier it becomes to obtain a merchant account for your digital download business. Also, a bank letter may be requested on official letterhead.
- Credit Score: Your credit score may be checked to determine whether or not you currently qualify for a high-risk merchant account in the digital download industry.
- Credit History: Your credit history is just as important as your current credit score for many payment processors. Ensure your credit history is in proper order and that it does not have any hard hits or negative remarks that may damage your financial reputation.
- Proof of Experience: If you have any previous history in the digital downloads industry, consider offering proof of your experience. Share sales records, chargeback history, and previous bank information to prove your experience with digital downloads.
- Website and Online Presence: Your website is imperative to getting your merchant account approved. This is one of the most important things. While having a website and an online presence is not required, it can help drastically when applying for a high-risk merchant account. High-risk merchant accounts are designed for modern, attractive, useful, and profitable businesses. Proving your online presence is readily available, easily accessible, and extremely attractive is one of the best ways to improve your chances of having your digital download high-risk merchant account approved.
Finding the right digital downloads payment processing service is not always easy, especially if you are new to the digital content downloading industry. Whether you are providing free PDF files or if you are offering paid graphic design tutorials, obtaining a high-risk merchant account is a must. With the right payment gateway for online downloads, begin promoting and selling your digital content, software, and material without the fear of missing out on sales or losing out on potential customers.
Finding a Partnership That You Can Depend On
Merchants in high risk industries find their way to PaymentCloud because of two main issues: they are having their applications denied and/or they have been shut down from a tier-one processor. It is frustrating and we understand that. Something as simple as a digital download business should have the ability to support credit card processing for their products. And with us, they can.
PaymentCloud has a bank that is willing to back you and your business. With us you get the man-power, knowledge, and a merchant account for content downloads that will let you process and grow at your own pace.